We had a tape dataset get uncataloged and hence the tape went scratch and the data was lost. It looks from the SMF manual that type 65 records will report this activity. From the manual : "One type 65 record is written for each record updated or deleted from a catalog." Unfortunately we don't collect type 65 records here. I have 2 questions.

Will type 65 records tell me who removed the entry from the catalog? From what I have read I believe so, but I have no records to verify this against.

Is there any other SMF record which I might be able to use to derive the same information?

Thanks for any help,

Jasen Kloeppel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Shelter Insurance