On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 07:28:41 -0500, Jasen Kloeppel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Is there any other SMF record which I might be able to use to derive the
>same information?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>
>Jasen Kloeppel
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Shelter Insurance

Jasen - I am not SMF expert but I have a SAS job written here that I use to
scan SMF records to see who "touched" a particular file.

In reading the SAS code, here is what it says for the different types of
SMF records:

14 - Input
15 - Output
17 - Scratch
18 - Rename
61 - IF ACTCODE = 'IN' THEN ACTIVITY = 'ICF DEFINE (IN)'
     IF ACTCODE = 'DE' THEN ACTIVITY = 'ICF DEFINE (DE)'
     IF ACTCODE = 'UP' THEN ACTIVITY = 'ICF DEFINE (UP)'
     (ACTCODE is at displacement 19)
62 - VSAM Open
64 - VSAM Close
65 - IF ACTCODE = 'S' THEN ACTIVITY = 'VSAM SCRATCH'
     IF ACTCODE = 'U' THEN ACTIVITY = 'VSAM (UN)CAT'
     (This time ACTCODE is at displacement 71
66 - IF ACTCODE = 'R' THEN ACTIVITY = 'RENAME(ICF)'
        ELSE ACTIVITY = 'ICF ALTER';
     (ACTCODE is at displacement 71 here too)

Unfortunately I think that 65 is the one you wanted.

HTH,
Patrick Lyon