From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chase, John
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SSL/TLS Woes FTP

That will come later.  Right now I have a connection established (after
having created the requisite stash file for the key database), and the
server apparently is waiting for the client (z/OS) to start negotiation
of the security stuff.  The batch job is just sitting there, and the
last message from the server is:

234 SSL enabled and waiting for negotiation

It's been that way for a few minutes now, and the "sandbox" is not being
starved for CPU....

>From my reading of the Appendix in the IP Configuration Guide (or
Reference; I forget) manual, what's supposed to happen at this point is
that the server sends its certificate, and my client is supposed to ask
whether to accept the (presently unknown) certificate; yet that does not
appear to be happening.  The FTP job is not looping, either.

This is "initial experimentation", with the only additions to FTPDATA
being the absolute minimum "KEYRING keyfilename" and SECURE_MECHANISM
TLS" statements; everything else relating to "secure FTP" is allowed to
default.

"So far, so BAD."

    -jc-