Good point.  But it's a two way street.  When talking "servers"
with non-mainframers, I avoid terms like task, dataset, abend, etc.

When in Rome, ...

From: Edward Jaffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mainframe Limericks...
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:36:59 -0700

J R wrote:
I apologize if I offended any person for whom English
is not their first language.  It was certainly not my
intention to do that.

My beef is with the nouveau-mainframers who insist
on using wintel and unix terminology in place of our
well-established vernacular.

It's funny. More and more I find myself referring to storage creep as a memory leak, TCBs as threads, WAIT/POST as blocking and unblocking, reIPL as a reboot of the mainframe, etc. Talk to them in words they understand and ... well ... they'll understand you.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc