I have a SMS managed dataset that is on master catalog that needs to be added to linklst and is accessed by 2 lpars. We are sharing dasd. I can only get it to catalog on one master catalog correctly. That is, on the 2nd master catalog the dataset does not have its sms storclas and mgmtclas attributes. When I try to run an idcams alter to define the attributes I get the following:

IDC3194I SMS CONSTRUCT STORAGECLASS SPECIFIED FOR NON-SMS MANAGED OBJECT
IDC3194I SMS CONSTRUCT MANAGEMENTCLASS SPECIFIED FOR NON-SMS MANAGED

We are running z/os 1.4. We have other sms datasets that are cataloged on both master catalogs with the correct attributes. I do not know how these entries were created as sysprog who is responsible is on vacation. My gut feeling is that he may have cloned one master catalog to create the other at one time. I believe one of the master catalogs is a connected as a user catalog. To get around the problem, I have renamed the dataset so that it is cataloged in usercat. Now both systems can access the dataset and have the correct sms attributes. However, this means that I have to code the volser in the linklst entry in PROGxx which I really want to avoid. Any suggestions on how I can get a SMS master cataloged dataset to be cataloged on both lpar master catalogs? Thank you.

- enD sin