I prefer the web interface for especially for ETR and SIS where I can
open multiple windows, use cut and paste for large text blocks.  If they
want to retire the 3270 interface they need to make VPL available on the
web interface.  While not required by all customers VPL is an important
tool for customers and ISVs who want to do deeper research on problems
or understand OS functions.  I always felt the 3270 VPL tool was
deliberately designed to be difficult to use.  I would relish a VPL tool
in the web that let me pull a whole listing as a download or even in
browser window.  The 3270 mode VPL forces you to painfully page through
modules bit by bit.
Sam, AMEN to all that. I find that IBMLINK 2000 is not badly designed. There is always room for improvement but I find it to be responsive and flexible enough to meet my needs. Once I sign on in the morning, it is only one click away at any time (I have a quick link on my personal browser toolbar). Printing is convenient (compared to the 3270 interface) and as Sam says, multiple windows are great. VPL is a bear to use, and slow. Plus so much is now OCO that its value is limited. But I still use it several times a month.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR