Sounds to me that someone is scared that you will automate a process and
eliminate their need to be in the company. We've told folks here as we
automate our processes that there are still other things to learn to
guarantee keeping a job.

Example: we added an ATL to the mainframe and are putting HSM and DR
backups into it. The process to eject tapes is in place and runs daily.
The reduced load on the operator will result in one less resource per
shift on the weekends, saving the company some bucks.

SLAs alone ought to keep us driving for better methods.

Daniel McLaughlin
ZOS Systems Programmer
Crawford & Company
PH: 770 621 3256
*
Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your
ground, and later, win a little more."
? Louis L'Amour