In a recent note, Robert A. Rosenberg said:

> Date:         Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:21:06 -0400
>
> At 16:54 -0500 on 08/07/2006, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mark_Zelden?= wrote
> about Re: Vendor JCL (was: WHY IS JCL ALLERGIC ... ):
>
> >It may take a little longer, but I don't mind going into each
> >member and doing an ISPF CHANGE ALL command for "tape_unt" and
> >"vend_hlq" to whatever I need.
>
> The problem with that is you also change the comments at the start of
> the job. I go the Change All route but FIRST do an xx...xx on the JCL
> (ie: Past the Comments) and then use CHANGE ALL X (so as to ignore
> the comment block).

Could this be automated?  In, e.g., Mark's putative CHGIT macro,
to 'X' all lines containing '//*' before doing the CHANGE ALL X?

I know; I need to RTFM.  But I'd be grateful for a pointer to
a command name.  And what's the best way to put a private
library dynamically in one's SYSEXEC concatenation?  Would
that be LIBDEF?

Thanks,
gil
--