And, unless I am mistaken, REFRESH invalidates the entire VLF cache and
you will be running without VLF's performance enhancements for all
LLA/VLF managed libraries until LLA decides to start staging to VLF
again.

I remember from the past this fully killed system performance for about
10 minutes. Todays figures will be better, but you can still be hit by
an unneeded performance dip.

Kees.

"Veilleux, Jon L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
com>...
> It also won't accidentally pick up changes that someone else might
have

> pre-staged in a LINKLIST dataset. Keep it simple (and safe).

> Jon L. Veilleux

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> (860) 636-2683

for

> the specific data set requires far less processing and does what you

> want.

> Peter Relson

> z/OS Core Technology Design

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.
33014286