On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 17:12:17 -0400, Robert A. Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I'll have to check the manuals that cover how to wrote you own SVC.
>I'd assume that it will say that you should use a XYY code and lacks
>the warning that "We have appropriated the following codes so you
>can/should not try to use them yourself".

Bad assumption, I think.

>While I am looking for documentation, I'll counter with the query of
>"What ABEND codes am I supposed to use if not xyy (x=1-E and yy=My
>SVC Number)?". XYY being an ABEND from SVC-XX seems to be (as you
>stated) the normal (ie: Expected/Assumed Convention) and the few
>non-standard codes that IBM has defined will cause problems for ISV
>Type SVCs (where the User tells the Installer what SVC Number to use)
>if one of the SVCs whose ABEND Codes IBM overlaps is selected. At
>least for User Written SVCs, the coder can work around the IBM ABEND
>Codes if the User wants to use one of the "bad" SVC Numbers.

If you can find any reference in any manual that says that you should use
_any_ system abend code, I would like to see it.  It has always been my
expectation that if i see a system abend code that it would be documented in
the System Codes manual.  I don't remember ever seeing an ISV product that
issues any System abend code.  Does anyone here know of one?

Tom Marchant