In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/29/2006
   at 04:42 AM, Chris Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>If you check my earlier post where I try to cover all of this, you
>will see that VTAM is not involved.

See below.

>There is, of course, the possibility you are running a 3270 device
>or emulator which is "non-SNA channel-attached". In this case VTAM
>is involved because it provides another layer of emulation, mapping
>CCW-driven data exchanges to the SNA session that the application
>sees.

VTAM also must do CCW chain management for SNA channel attached
controllers.

>I tried to work out what might happen if you played fast and loose
>with presentation space dimension specifications while VTAM was
>trying to maintain the SNA session.

Chaos. The safe way is to let the application control size changes via
explicit partitions. Possibly there should be an asynchronous request
for the application to change the screen size, but the secondary LU
should maintain the old screen size if the request is declined