But some vendors SMP/E usage is even worse than a non-SMP/E install.
CA-1 may not be an offender, but I've spent a lot of time "fooling"
SMP/E into applying vendor service that was poorly structured.  If there
is no trust in the SMP/E environment, it's not worth a 10 fold increase
in time of installation.

CA used to promote CA-Activator (CA-Aggravator...) installs, may it rest
in pieces.