Mark Zelden wrote:
[...]
A perfect example is Innovation's FDR. I have used it in virtually

I have never heard complaints about FDR support, etc. Is seems that SMP/E is not crucial to it.

People discuss about *binary* alternatives: SMP/E or library unload.
I think there are other ways to manage the code. Even SMP/E could be simpler. Current conceptions are for historical reasons, not because of real needs. Compromise between history and usability makes SMP/E difficult to understand and then cumbersome.

Why don't we think about "SMP2" - new approach, totally free of old junk.
My $0.02

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland