On 12 Sep 2006 16:07:17 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ted MacNEIL) wrote:

The users using FTP are on our side of the firewall!
They are FTP'ng from our z/OS system to our PC's.

The distinction is our audit types think it should only be accessible from TSO ids.
CICS ids (no TSO segment) work as well.

You need a TSO id to use TSO. You don't need one to use CICS, or run batch jobs, because they're not TSO. I'd ask the auditors what connection they think there is between FTP and TSO.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com