"These days, most war (and lots of other evil) is perpetrated
 by the Righteous.  "

One really needs to beware of "Bumper Sticker Mentality", that of trying to
reduce complicated issues into a few words.  From the phrase above, one implies
then that it is bad to be righteous and in fact that it is an evil thing.  As
usual with bumper sticker words, they don't hold up very well under scrutiny.
Some examples:

1. Women were righteous in their belief that they should get the vote and be
equal partners with men - was that wrong or evil?
2. Martin Luther King was righteous in his belief that all men are equal and
should be treated equally - was that evil.
3. Ceaser Chavev was righteous in his belief that farm workers should get a
fair shake - was that evil?
4. Our forefathers were righteous in their belief that we should be separate
from England - was that evil.
5. Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill were righteous in their belief that
Hitler needed to be stopped - was that evil?

So while I understand what the phrase is trying to convey, it is wrong to say
all righteous people cause war and do evil things.  Righteous people can do
good as well.

JL