-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Howard Brazee
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 10:42 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: FW: The PSI Letter V4

On 3 Nov 2006 08:09:13 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Pommier, Rex
R.) wrote:

>Apparently their definition of "open mainframe" means it runs on an
>Intel processor.  From their press release it is running on an
>"industry-standard Intel Itanium 2".  Since when was the "Itanic" an
>industry standard?

Define what industry is being referred to here.

Is it the "mainframe computer" industry?
The "Information Technology" industry"?

Or is it for whatever industry a prospective customer is from?   Do
they have standards for processors?

Howard,

I can't define any of these things because PSI didn't in their press
release.  My guess would be Intel's 64 bit processor industry.  Or maybe
PSI's "open mainframe" industry.  :-)

Your questions fall right in line with what Steve asked:  What is an
"open mainframe".  Apparently the answer to all these questions is
"whatever the writer of the press release says it is."

Rex