> So, how do you explain the fact that they have demonstrated
> running z/OS on one of their machines.  Where did that licence
> come from.

Giggle.

This is part of the fun.  One of three licenses (allegedly) purchased online
via a loophole in
IBM's sytems and somewhat questionably transnationally moved with the chassis.
But what do
Lufthansa Services do?  Their major recent issue with IBM was sub-capacity
charging for VSE
LPARs.  They're not really in the z/OS business.  A negogiation position?

http://www.isham-research.co.uk/platslns4.html

I've not much to add to that apart from some scepticism about I/O on 66xx,
previously
commented.

I''m sure aßhole (an IBM lawyer) would be happy to tell you more.

Some of the "fun bits" are more fun than anyone could imagine.  Late in the
days of Amdahl,
one of my contacts said: "I was in Buildng x yesterday, and every office was
filled by the 'C'
team."

If I had to make the same comment about PoK - the "D" team. Except the lawyers
- the "E" team.
We are not talking great competence here.

--
  Phil Payne
  http://www.isham-research.co.uk