Talk about doing things the "hard way"....!!  Here's some ideas you might
consider.  You probably already thought of them - if so, sorry!

1) Order a new copy of the product.  Perform your own RECEIVE from the
original copy of the product.  This is the "start from scratch" option.

2) Define new Target and DLIB SMP/E CSI and Target and DLIB data sets.
Attach this new, empty, Target and DLIB zone to the Global zone which has
the product RECEIVEd into.  Perform the APPLY and ACCEPT into the new
Target and DLIB zones - this won't affect the MVS zones at all.  Detatch
the Target and DLIB zones from the existing Global, and attach them to a
new, empty, Global.  Update the FMIDLIST in the new Global to reflect the
FMIDs you've got in your Target zone, so that subsequent RECEIVE processing
will get service applicable to your FMIDs.  This is the "start from here"
option.

The only objection I can imagine to option 2 would be religious, not
rational, on the part of the MVS sysprogs.

I wouldn't attempt to reengineer the product's packaging in the way you
apparently attempted.  Life's too short!

Brian