In a message dated 11/17/2006 2:37:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>And the "African Americans" I know call themselves "BLACK",  "COLORED" or
>"PERSONS OF COLOR".
I have known at least three African Americans who were "white".   They were
whites born in Africa who moved to the USA.  And "person  of color" has always
insulted my intelligence, as, according to optics,  black is without any color
and white is all colors.  The Orwellian  wresting of word meanings never ends.

Bill  Fairchild (an English-American, mostly)

"To plunder, to  slaughter, to steal, these things they misname empire; and
where they make a  desert [the sack of Carthage], they call it peace."
[Agricola; quoting British  chieftain Calgalus' comment on the Roman  Empire]