On 29 Nov 2006 10:53:47 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (McKown, John) wrote:

Oh, please, don't use DFP for this new facility. DFP means Data Facility Product. We don't want to start up the Acronym Wars again, do we?
<grin>.

In 1989 a well-known hacker was asked what the biggest problem of computing in the 1990s would be. He replied, "There are only 17,000 three letter acronyms."

At least it's not being done on purpose, as DSS is rumored to have been.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com