From: Crispin Hugo [mailto:snip]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 4:25 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: IEBGENER and unlabled tape

I have a tape with no VOL1, HDR1/2. Just data. I want this to be input
to IEBGENER.  I specify DCB information.

//SYSUT1   DD  DCB=(RECFM=FB,BLKSIZE=32720,LRECL=80),
//             LABEL=(2,NL),
//             UNIT=590

I get error I IEC145I 413-18,IFG0194A,MCHJOB,COPYXMT,SYSUT1,0590

Error seems to imply that I need a VOL=SER= but the tape has no VOL1.
What am I doing wrong.