In a message dated 1/19/2007 7:58:44 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

At SHARE  I can remember distinctly the PUBs people swearing up and
down that  they will document *ANY AND ALL* messages and codes. First
it  started with TCP line and then spread to other OE type products
and  now its a standing joke with COBOL. I am sure I left out a
product  or two but the point is IBM has broken many promises and with

I don't remember which city, definitely West Coast early 80's and  Chester
Hood(who was at Vandy Med Center) chaired the first SHARE OCO session.  Maybe
the most vituperative SHARE session ever. Lots of yelling and pleading.  After
we got back to work and were able to analyze it. Most of it depended on  IBM
documenting interfaces to important modules and parameter calls. Most of our
IBM reps and SHARE reps agreed that would be the key. Never happened...so we
ponied up for Source distribution.