----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnston, Robert E" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 3:58 PM
Subject: HTTP server and JAVA Serverpac question

Once again I crawl to the list for help, a broken and weary soul...

I am working on a 1.4 to 1.7 conversion and trying to finish up the serverpac
jobs. Job HIMW530M is to set up the HTTP Server. It says, "If your order
includes JAVA it is recommended that you update the JAVA_HOME directory
before running this job."

I have spent since yesterday afternoon trying to figure out what that meant.
I decided that it meant to update the SETUP.SH in /usr/lpp/internet/sbin/,
which the HIMW530M job is going to run. I changed a line that read:

JAVA_HOME=${JAVA_HOME:-<JAVA_HOME>}
JAVA_HOME='/usr/lpp/java/IBM/J1.3/bin'

Robert,

You need to upgrade your Java to at least V1R4M2. That's the minimum level for z/OS V1R4 and up. Without it you can't do any of the neat SMP/E stuff like RECEIVE ORDER, so don't waste your time with V1R3.
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/java/

Regards,
Tom Conley