I'm pretty sure I can do this, but I'm looking for a second opinion (and
"you're ugly, too" as my coworker said doesn't count <grin>).

I have the assistance of a job scheduler which can substitute variables in
JCL to help with this idea, so bear that in mind.

I want to create twelve GDGs,   prefix.whatever.JAN, prefix.whatever.FEB
and so forth.

Then, instead of creating prefix.whatever.JAN(+1) I want to create
prefix.whatever.JAN.G(day-of-month-with-leading-zeroes)V00 with
DISP=(NEW,CATLG).

In essence one generation per day of month, with missing generations if we
don't run that day (state holiday or whatever).

Then I want to be able to read  prefix.whatever.JAN as the complete set,
as you can do with GDGs.

Are there any holes in this theory that I'm overlooking?

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209