Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: Changing the SMF SID Parameter

While IBM added the "SYSTEM NAME FROM IEASYSXX" SMF70SNM field
back in 1994, it was only last year that I observed in data
that if you have the same SYSTEM name in two LPARs in a SYSPLEX,
that SMF70SNM must be added to the "BY" variables to segregate
RMF data, and thus last year, all of the MXG RMF sorting was
revised to use SYSPLEX SYSTEM SYSNAME to protect for the
same SYSTEM name in the same SYSPLEX.

In your case, as long as your reports are at least
BY SYSPLEX SYSTEM, you are safe since they are in
different SYSPLEXes.

Barry