From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brad Carson
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: JES confusion on a specific job

Rex,

What Control-M is doing here is altering the sysout class for the
joblog, jcl image, and allocation messages to a held class that can be
picked up by the control-m monitor.  That is how the monitor is checking
for JCL errors, space errors, and other issues.  In your schedule
definitions you will need to add some parameters for change the sysout
class back to an output class.  This is how I had to handle it at a past
site.  Where I am now, we are using TWS (OPC for those of you who
remember it) and it inserts an OUTPUT statment to create a copy of the
job log, ... for its use.

Hope this helps you.

Brad S. Carson
Manager z/Series Technical Support
Enterprise Systems
Laboratory Corporation of America
(336) 436-8294

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:03:34 -0600, Pommier, Rex R. wrote:

>I can't categorically say that it is something Control-M is doing to
me,
>but it sure is suspicious that we started having this problem about
the
>same time we implemented the scheduler.

Rex, I do believe that it is Control-M that is doing that (on purpose or
at least not entirely by accident).  If you contact your vendor software
representative (Erik maybe?  Say "Hi" for me if it is, please.) you
should be able to get an explanation from him/her that makes sense.
(I've worked at a Control-M site before and I saw that behavior... I
believe that's how they figure out the job's success/failure, etc.)

You should also be able to get the issue straightened out then, too.

Everything else is a waste of your time on this issue.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI