Good topic, Jon. Am constantly struggling with high volumes of DB2
SMF records myself.
Before dropping them entirely you might consider activating/using
DB2's fairly new ACCUMACC parameter whose objective is the
consolidation and therefore reduction of DB2 SMF records.

Had asked for opinions/experiences with DSNZPARM ACCUMACC
(modifiable on the fly thru ISPF) on MXG-L recently. Got only one
response giving numbers (mentioning a reduction factor of 100), so
this is a question I wanted to ask from IBM-MAIN as well.

Any experiences with ACCUMACC in "IMB-MAIN-land"? To what value
have you set it?
Any pros and cons?

Robert Bardos
Ansys AG, Zurich, Switzerland