On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:53:30 EST, IBM Mainframe Discussion List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>you put the 6-card BPS IPL deck ...

I remember 3 different BPSloaders - 3-card, 7-card, and 12-card versions.
There very well could have been a 6-card loader, too.  I have no idea what
the differences were but I bet the 3-card loader didn't uspport REP cards.

>I heard about COS, for Compatibility Operating System, ...

I remember running COS back when I was an operator.  It was 1401, etc.
compatability.

Pat O'Keefe