On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 15:00 -0700, Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:

> actually I used similar argument as part of the original
> justification ... projecting enormous total life-cycle cost savings by
> moving to FBA ... in addition to a whole variety of performance
> improvements that would come as part of moving to FBA.

Actually I liked this bit from your previous post ...
" ... because the OS crowd is completely incapable of getting their act
together"

Tee hee ... that must have gone down like a lead balloon.   :o)
I used to love being a spectator at some of the fun at Amdahl -
obviously it would have been even more enlightening to have been a fly
on the wall at IBM.
And yep, we'd probably all like FBA support to have been taken up.

Shane ...