On 1 Mar 2007 21:57:44 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Hello Howard,
>
>what "our" and "we" ?!?!
>
>I work outside my country of citizenship, in an Asian country, for a global
>multi-national company, which happens to be headquartered in USA.
>
>We run applications for my host country and also other countries around the
>world.
>
>So I am an ex-pat working at an in-sourcer/outsourcer.

As a landed immigrant in Canada, I am an ex-pat working as a
contractor when I get a gig so I am not totally opposed to
contracting/outsourcing although I still wonder at the economics of
it.  If I understand the type of company you work for, the legal
issues would a known and manageable problem since the company has
considerable presence in the various countries and needs to maintain
the legal expertise for each of them.  Thus moving applications among
or between countries is far less risky for it than it would be for
many others.