From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 8:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Need help with Assembler accessing VSAM file in reentrant LE-conforming program

Been working on this several days, driving me nuts.

The basic setup:

LE-conforming, reentrant Assembler program intended
to run as a CGI and access a KSDS by key.

In the program, my call to BPXWDYN is working fine.

Next, I use GENCB to generate an ACB dynamically.

Then I issue OPEN against that ACB: I get S0C4 that
points to the next instruction after my OPEN, which
is an LTR  15,15; so it looks like the abend is being
generated in OPEN.

The code in the vicinity:

          la    2,genparm1

          gencb blk=acb,ddname=meals,macrf=(key,dir,in),
                loc=any,am=vsam,
                rmode31=all,mf=(g,(2),genlen)
          ltr   15,15
          jnz   bad_gencb
          lr    10,1      pick up address of built acb

          open  ((10)),mode=31,mf=(e,openlist)
          ltr   15,15

The following fields are defined in a DSECT; (this
DSECT is set up as part of the DSA so that
addressability is provided by R13):

acbstart  acb   am=vsam
acbend    ds    0f
acblen    equ   acbend-acbstart
           ds    0f
genparm1  ds    cl(genlen)

My guess is that actually the gencb parameters may
not be correct, but I can't see it.

Any suggestions for this?