Shane wrote:
On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 21:58 -0400, Pinnacle wrote:

As far as the mainframe skills shortage goes, I can only conclude that IBM's refusal to make z/OS affordable for people to run on their own hardware (like a PC) means that the only ones left with enough wherewithal to employ and train mainframers will be IBM Global Services. Sounds like a plan to me.

Two dummy spits in a few days Tom ...
Mate, you've gotta calm down some.

And then we've also got CC at his conciliatory best.

Wonder if IBM is listening - wouldn't be betting on it myself.

Actually, I found out that a few very competent people with
influence lurk here. But of course, I have no idea which way
the wind is blowing for them really.

Yesterday I attended an all day seminar here in Denver, a
free dog and pony show called "The Modern Mainframe at the
Heart of Your Business". It was very good, much more
convincing than some of the earlier pronouncements. During
breaks I asked a couple of the speakers about FLEX, PSI,
Hercules, etc. conundrum. The response was, basically, "my
lips are sealed" with an implication that the issue will be
addressed, maybe even soon. But _no_ indication in which
direction any new solution would go.

Also, they showed various IBM commercials between talks,
and one of them was really good! (Only one, but it's a
start).

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.