----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 4:46 AM
Subject: Re: IBM to the PCM market

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 21:58 -0400, Pinnacle wrote:

As far as the mainframe skills shortage goes, I
can only conclude that IBM's refusal to make z/OS affordable for people to
run on their own hardware (like a PC) means that the only ones left with
enough wherewithal to employ and train mainframers will be IBM Global
Services.  Sounds like a plan to me.

Two dummy spits in a few days Tom ...
Mate, you've gotta calm down some.

And then we've also got CC at his conciliatory best.

Wonder if IBM is listening - wouldn't be betting on it myself.

Dummy spits? Sorry if it sounds like I'm throwing a tantrum, I was just reacting to the article and responding to an IBM'er. I have serious concerns about IBM's direction and I've had them for a long time. What's happened recently with Fundamental and PSI indicates that with respect to mainframe hardware, IBM is returning to its monopolistic practices in violation of antitrust law (at least here in the US). Not good news for any of us.

Regards,
Tom Conley