Steve Comstock wrote:
>Linux, Linux, and more Linux.
>So I guess the message is "Kiss z/OS goodbye", eh?

"My goodness, is IBM really saying that?"  Please go back, look at the
context in which I provided that Linux-related URL, and please read between
the lines.  Anyone figured it out yet?  I've said enough. :-)

However, since you bring it up, let's pause for half a second and think
about the effects Linux on System z has on z/OS.  I leave it as an exercise
to the reader to figure out why and how, but I contend (and observe) that
Linux is one of the best things for z/OS.  And for z/VSE, z/TPF, and z/VM.
*Especially* for small mainframe shops.  So, should IBM-MAINers be hostile
to Linux on z....or the opposite?

Discuss. :-)

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]