From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Timothy Sipples
Sent: Monday April 09 2007 22:22
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM to the PCM market(the sky is falling!!!the sky is
falling!!)

Ray Mullins writes:
>As Timothy and Marcia are both marketing folks, you're right, Alan, they
>would not be able to speak for IBM regarding ISVs....

I'm not a marketing guy.  Nor (to anticipate the next question) do I get
commissions.  To my wallet's shame, really.  The occasional bonus, yes.  I
don't speak for IBM here.

>Reading between Timothy's lines  :-)  , I guess he is talking about the
>Dallas offerings, which we've already noted are more expensive than the
>current FLEX-ES arrangements, and require more effort and external
>management than lugging around a laptop.

Getting much warmer, but combine with something Alan recommended and you've
got the idea.

I just found it fascinating/delightful that IBM offers ISVs a 30-day (or
60-day) z/VM-hosted solution for $0 with a price schedule beyond that.
Totally random observation, of course.