Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: Lean and Mean: 150,000 U.S. layoffs for IBM?

Howard Brazee wrote:
On 8 May 2007 09:28:38 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Robert Justice)
wrote:

How much do *you* think a CEO is worth?

most of them, not even worth five cents. However, for the few (and I do mean few) good ones, no more than a couple of million dollars, tops.

What process should stockholders use to determine how much their CEOs
are worth?
Do you have any investments in stocks?

If that is inadequate, what process should regulators or legislatures
use?

Oh, yeas, there are such regulators!
Invented by Marx, Engels, implemented by Lenin, tuned by Stalin.
Been there.

Effects: In Albania salary of minister was 2.5 times larger than
cleaning lady. Lenin said: "in communism, even charlady could be a
minister in the government".
Don't ask how well people do in Albania.
Or Poland 18 years ago. Avg salary was approx. 300 USD per year (three
hundred). Obviously our goods i.e. bread or meat were cheaper than in
wester Europe, but not cars, TV sets, computers, etc. etc.
To all interested in "fair salary paradise" and "regulators": go to
North Korea or Cuba. See it.

In free world CEO salary is NOT regulated, like mine or your salary. It
is comes from free market. Market decides that my work is worth more
than turner's work and much less than Claudia Schiffer's work.
Market decides that tomatos are cheaper than caviar.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

P.S. I know it's off-topic, but I couldm't resist.

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18