I think you are going to need someone who restores their spool volumes at DR
to answer this one.

We just INIT the volumes and allocate the spool space from the DR floor
system while the other restore jobs are running; we don't restore the spool
volumes.

Tom Chicklon

Ah, all good points.  But my query is now leaning towards having a clean
spool at DR without the headaches.

So is my assumption correct?  If the checkpoint/spool space that is restored
from Full Volume Dumps has a S JES2,PARM='COLD,NOFMT' that JES2 would invoke
a MINI format (QUICK Format) rather than a full blown format which would
happen with a brand new, never before used environment?

I wish I had a test system to do the playing with, but my current shop just
loves to SHARE everything.

Lizette