Yes, this sounds very strange to me as well. The only thing you need is an id on ShopzSeries so that you can obtain a certificate that will identify you to the server. I don't believe getting a ShopzSeries id is related to a SW support contract, so I think what you heard is false.

This is exactly the point. I've been told that if a customer does not have a SW support contract, he won't be able get a ShopzSeries id anymore; no id, no PTFs via ISR. Weird. (No ServerPac either. Very weird.)

This all sounds very fishy, but I'll see what I can find out and report back to the list.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development