On 15 May 2007 10:12:54 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Shannon)
wrote:

>> The idea of exchanging server heat for building heat is interesting
>>though.
>
>We did this at Aetna twenty five years ago. The heating system didn't
>come on until the outside temperature reached 32 F. Until then all the
>heat for the data center came from the processors.

This works as long as we need at least as much heat as being produced
- to reduce some of the energy waste from the computers.   But we
can't turn off the computer when the weather gets warm.

The better solution is to use less energy to produce the desired
product than the alternatives do.