On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:40:37 -0400, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>I only have a minor question to ask.
>
>Is &SYSR1 in your IEASYM  member for that system at IPL time?  It
>almost looks like &SYSR1 is not resolving and I am not sure that is a
>default IBM symbolic.  Though I could be wrong.  So this is just a
question.

Tom Marchant
>Well, of course it doesn't matter.  At the time the PARMLIB statement
in >LOADxx is being processed, the IEASYMxx member is not yet available.

&SYSR1 is defined implicitly/ by default, and its value is known at
LOADxx processing time, it is even used, but only to interpret the
VOLSER field of PARMLIB statement (as well as to resolve VOLSER of any
catalogued PARMLIBs). So it seems to be feasible implement such a
"Feature", however it is unsupported at z/OS 1.7 level.
If this gets noticed, and considered - it can/ may get done :-)

Janek J.