On Sat, 19 May 2007 10:12:04 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>What are the z/Series using as a time reference?  Is it possible for one
>z/Series to use the SNTP daemon on another z/Series system as a reference?

The  z/Series are using the 9037 as an external source and one of them
become the server for the distributed servers or routers ( they are clients
calling on UDP port 123)
The 9037 can get its time  from longwave or atomic or whatever (via the V24) .
But i do not know of an SNTP client running on z/Series , so i do not think
it is possible . ( we could make a nice loop however :-))  )
I am no expert ( i was just fed up having different timestamps on all
multiple tiers architecture , and now it is solved ) .
Bruno