On Mon, 21 May 2007 16:01:57 -0700, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>I've never heard of an ENQ with job scope. A quick look at the ISGENQ
>service shows the following scope values:

OK.  We were being careless, and I may be at fault for starting it.

The issue is why ENQs are issued at the beginning of the job and
held until the last step that uses the data set name, rather
than being dequeued after each step and re-enqueued at the next
step, and for only the data set names used in that step.

"Duration" would have been a better word than "scope", which is
already used in the other sense.

-- gil