Running z/OS V1R8 with JES2MON, and this puppy seems to take an alarming amount of CPU compared to other system address spaces. Is there any way to detune this thing so that it doesn't take so much CPU? Are JES2 hangs so prevalent that we need to pay such a high price for prevention? I haven't seen a JES2 hang in a very long time. Does this only happen in mega-shops? If so, could we make JES2MON an option?

Regards,
Tom Conley