Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:19 PM
Subject: What is 'Program Logical Manuals'?

I got this website while doing google search:

http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/ibmsongbook.html

At the bottom of the page there is an example MVS task management control
block diagram and it says:

*IBM* <http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/ibmsongbook.html> Program Logic
Manuals are full of diagrams like the one above (I apologize for the poor
quality of the reproduction!). The diagrams show how system control
information is stored in "control blocks", and how fields in a given control block point to other related control blocks. These diagrams help programmers and debuggers to find information about the system, for program development
and debugging (*esp.* finding information in "core dumps").

I'm interested and just wonder what is 'program logic manual'?  I know IBM
has manuals named MVS Data Areas but they don't have diagrams.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Johnny Luo