On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:41:17 -0500, Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Should I have reported a problem Friday (and the last few times)?
>What are the parameters that indicate a problem as opposed to just
>being a little slow?    How long should it take to just get HOLDDATA?
>A single PTF or a few PTFs?  A bigger order similar to CBPDO like
>CONTENT(ALL)?

I wanted to add this:

Normally, just being slow is an inconvenience, but during weekend
windows when we IPL new maintenance or even upgrade the OS,
this sort of delay could be critical.

I used to order a PTF via IBMLINK electronic delivery and
you could say that it was an emergency or high priority (I can't
remember exactly... it has been years) and the package would
be ready to pull down from information exchange within minutes.
Same for this URL (which no longer works)
http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/fixes?view=zSeries

I hope that whatever server(s) involved in building these orders has
the smarts to build small orders first instead of FIFO.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO