>You find our pedantry irritating.

Not usually.  But occasionally. :-)    I'm sure I've been guilty now and
then of being a little pedantic myself.

> (probably "we", but I can speak only
>for myself) find your misuse of USS irritating.  So it's a draw.

For the record, I don't use USS for Unix System Services in my posts (only
when quoting someone else).  I usually write "z/OS Unix" as I said in my
last post - even when replying to a post that uses the unofficial abbreviation.
But I do get tired of the whining about it and the endless threads.
I think some people use it just to get a rise from those who don't like it.

I sympathize with you that you think "VTAM" at first glance when you see
it in a post, but it's really not worth debating.   That was my point.  So this
will be my final word on the subject and the next time I will just ignore the
thread or temptation to reply like I usually do.

Cheers,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO