I also agree strongly with most of Chris and Wayne's comments, and Dean Kent
has also spoke well of the situation.

I've even prepared in one of my prototypes by already coding copious #if
defined WINDOZE/#elsif statements into my C code.

But I have to stress that it's not just z/OS that is attracting niche
developers (*cough* z/VSE *cough* z/VM *cough* z/TPF).

Random thought - I wonder what would happen if Fujitsu and Hitachi decided
to release their clones of MVS and VSE to hobbyists.  Yeah, yeah, there's
legal agreements, etc., which probably preclude that.

Later,
Ray

--
M. Ray Mullins