Dave Kopischke wrote:
> Mark Zelden wrote:
> >I don't know what it suggests.  It looks like the doc should say
> >Linux for zSeries or something like that... not z/OS Linux.
>
> Exactly. That's why the conspiracy theorists are implying LINUX may be
> replacement for UNIX System Services in some future z/OS release.

Geez where does this nuttiness come from? It may be great fodder for the
conspiracy theorists, but z/OS UNIX (whether it's called "USS" or not
:-) and "Linux on z" (again, regardless of what it's called) are utterly
different things. Neither one can directly replace the other except
perhaps in the fevered imagination of a marketer.

CC