Im trying to find out from anyone out there who might be doing the same
thing.

        We are planning for a disaster recovery site we control and mirror
using XRC over distance. We currently have the JES2 check point for a few
systems in a sysplex in an external CF, then the second check point is on
DASD and in duplex mode. Its our understanding the second check point on
DASD is and know its can be up to 10 writes off from the one in the CF. As
a result if you are in this mode do you come up as warm or cold when it
comes to JES2?

        We would like to come up warm so we don't loose work especially if
a disaster should happen late during the batch run. Do you just come up
and reconfigure using the back up check point from DASD being mirrored and
just orphan the output not written to the check point? I mean if you loose
a dozen or so output doesn't sound like a lot.

        But we'd like to hear what other companies do?

Thanks
Andy
Internet: Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.