Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: Finally get to go from os390 2.10 to zOS 1.8

       os390 2.10 to zOS 1.8 Things were going just fine until I tried to
GIMUNZIP the HFS' and CSI's as part of the "RESTORE" job.  I downloaded
every other file in the RESTORE job, except these (//STEP1 and //UNZIP#8 )
datasets, so I know I have good input, and that the basic plan works.
       I tried STEPLIB'ing to the new SMPE and zOS 1.8 LINKLIB's and that
improved things, BUT still no good.
       Opened a log with IBM, and they say that the problem is that this
is dependant upon zOS' version of pax which is dependant upon a bunch of
other stuff in USS.   They want me to get the Custom Offering Driver, and
IPL on that.  I am doing so, but in the meantime, I thought I would check
and see if anyone has any handy work-around for this.

John,

You must have the Driver. We're also doing the OS/390 V2R10 to z/OS V1R8 upgrade.

Regards,
Tom Conley